Whythawk supports open access publication of research data through engagement with funders, publishers, and researchers.
We offer insight and guidance on best practice for research data management, and the development of workflows and infrastructure for data publication. Our consulting services include:
- Working with funders and intergovernmental organisations to support grantees and research projects in delivering on their open access commitments;
- Providing training and mentorship to research data managers on the skills required to develop and maintain appropriate systems;
- Developing the software infrastructure required for open access publication, including systems for citation and metadata interoperability;
- Delivering insight and engagement with project managers to create user-friendly dashboards and data visualisations for stakeholder engagement and research advocacy;
- Promoting the development of collaborative research networks to finance the long-term responsibility for maintaining open access research;
The ultimate objectives and benefits for ensuring the availability of research data to the scientific community will be achieved through collaboration involving funders, research institutions, publishers, and a diversity of service providers.
Try out one of our open data demonstration sites yourself, or contact us for an obligation-free guided tour: